Job Opportunity : General Office & Accounts Clerk
Family-owned Drain and Sewer Services has more than 150 years’ experience in the drain and sewer industry. Operating from our headquarters in Droitwich, we deliver drain and sewer services nationwide using specialist equipment and cutting-edge technology.
Having grown considerably over our first three years of trading, we are now looking to recruit a general office and accounts clerk to help with the growing workload. The role is mainly accounts-based so experience in that environment is important, but if you are bright, willing to learn, accurate, good with numbers and want to be part of our team, please get in touch!
Reporting to the financial director, the main duties are:
- Authorising purchase invoices and entering onto accounting software
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Uploading sales invoices to bank
- Posting debtor payments to sales ledger and balancing to bank ledger
- Updating cashflow forecast
- Maintaining utilisation report
- Preparing weekly wages report
- Providing customers with copy invoices, credit notes, insurance details etc
- Support sales director & operations director with admin roles
Skills & competencies
We do not expect to recruit a person with these exact skill sets and will provide suitable training to the right candidate. We are looking for the right skills and attitude.
- Competent using Excel spread sheets and confident using IT
- Willing to learn and attitude that looks for work rather than waiting to be given tasks
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to talk to customers/suppliers in the phone as well as in person
- Time keeping and attendance
- Accuracy of input on accounting software and other control documents
The office hours of work are 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday. We will work with the candidate’s needs but are looking for someone who can work between 25 and 30 hours, with a flexible approach to start and finish.
We are offering between £10 and £12 per hour depending on experience.
To find out more please contact DSS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01905 774430.